Welcome to Mittagong Early Learning Centre. We are situated in a peaceful part of Mittagong close to shops and transport. The centre is on a large block with a great backyard for the children to play in.
We are a team of educators aimed at providing high-quality Early Childhood Education and Care. With many years combined experience in delivering high quality care and service to our communities we understand and value the importance of a great start in children’s learning journey.
Our vision is to assist and support children’s learning and development needs.
Our Centre provides all components necessary to provide this. We work with families in partnership to enhance this process and value the link between home and Centre.
We look forward to being a part of this journey with you and your child. This is our commitment to you.
For more information, visit the following site:
Aims for Children
- To make every child feel secure in the early learning environment.
- To develop each child’s sense of self.
- To allow each individual to develop intellectual abilities at their own pace.
- To help develop children socially and emotionally by making them aware of all the emotions which may be experienced, and teaching them to deal with those emotions in an acceptable way.
- To develop children’s creativity and self-expression through art, language and music with the emphasis being placed on the doing, not the end result.
- To help children develop confidence in their physical abilities by providing activities to encourage both fine and gross motor skills.
Partnership of Care
We believe the best way to work with you and your child is by building a partnership of care. To do this we want you to feel:
- Welcomed, recognised, acknowledged and respected by all of our educators.
- That your child is known and understood by the educators who care for him or her.
- That you are given information about what is occurring and are asked for your points of view.
- That you are involved in making decisions about your child’s experiences.
- That you and your child are received and greeted upon arrival.
- That your child is happy, secure and engaged.
Our aim is to provide the best start for your child’s Early Childhood Education and Care in a warm, nurturing and safe environment. We believe in creating environments supportive of an ongoing culture of sustainability, connectedness and inclusion; embracing each child’s indivduality and developing a positive sense of self and community.
By creating a feeling of acceptance and sense of belonging, we provide an environment which enables each child to feel safe, secure and valued.
We recognise that each child has unique interest, skills and knowledge. We will use this knowledge to build your child’s individual program to develop each child’s individual personality, resilience and love of learning.